« Open Thread X | HomePage | Giuliani and Thompson Right on Climate Change »

Monday, November 05, 20071194319288

Soft LUDs

On the 2nd, both Lady of tdaxp and I received soft LUDs on our US CIS immigration case files.

A LUD, as I learned today is the last update in the USCIS system. These LUDs are either "hard" (meaning your notified and the status changes) or "soft" (no notification and no change of status).

Thanks to trackitt ("the hottest immigration tracker") for the very informative threads, "Transfer to National Benefits Center" and "What is a LUD???," for telling me as much about this process as my unethical lawyer did.

Comments

so what's next?

Posted by: Brendan | Monday, November 05, 2007

Well, our lawyer has been no help -- after admitting to us that our case was not a priority and that he sat on responding to a RFE (request for further evidence), his only task has been CYA.

Much of it is just waiting. I am feeling better this morning, because using trackitt's "Concurrent I-130/I-485 Tracker" [1] we appear to be where we should be. Our lawyer, in spite of getting the RFE in August, did not respond until late September... no one who responded that late has an interview date yet. The latest RFE reply date that shows an interview date is 8/15 (with an interview date of 1/09/08), while the latest RFE reply date that's been is 8/06 (which interviewed on 10/11).

Posted by: Dan tdaxp | Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Update: refreshed the site, RFEs further along are being processed. I feel where somewhere between one week and two months away from getting an interview date. *sigh*

Posted by: Dan tdaxp | Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I guess the race is on... who will have their next big appointment first... tdaxp and lady of with the feds... or Brendan with the Mayo.

Posted by: Brendan | Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Is there a trackitt for mayo? I'd need to compare evidence to evidence, first :-)

Posted by: Dan tdaxp | Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I'm not even into the system yet... I was assured by the nurse today that my info was going to be mailed out and by Monday morning it should be sitting on the desk of the doctor who will get to it whenever he gets the chance.

Only when/if he wants to see me will I actually get entered into the system and get a big ole pile of paperwork.

Posted by: Brendan | Tuesday, November 06, 2007

So the race is on, between the Federal Government and the Democratic People's Republic of Minnesota!

Posted by: Dan tdaxp | Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A race between turtle's, in other words? Sounds like a good excuse for a nap.

Posted by: Michael | Tuesday, November 06, 2007