« There was going to be a blog post here... | HomePage | Democrats v. Free Speech »

Friday, July 13, 20071184388600

Nice to know you

My thanks to Mark Safranski, Shlok, Shane Deichman, Isaac, John Robb, and A.E. for making Boyd Conference '07 not just intellectually stimulating, but fun.

This chace to meet in person so many people I know from cyberspace was amazing. Thank you.

23:50 Posted in America 2007 | Permalink | Comments (6) | Tags: dc, boyd conference

Comments

Oi Oi Oi, Boyd conference. Is there going to be any post-conference blog banter? Like what was discussed at the conference?

Posted by: Worlds Biggest Boyd Fan | Saturday, July 14, 2007

The first of the posts is up now at Dreaming 5GW [1]! Stay tuned to both tdaxp and D5GW for more updates. :-)

[1] http://www.fifthgeneration.phaticcommunion.com/archives/2007/07/william_lind_on_5gw.php

Posted by: Dan tdaxp | Saturday, July 14, 2007

Looking forward to more about this. And glad to here AE does indeed still live!

Posted by: Jay@Soob | Saturday, July 14, 2007

I'm a little jealous -- and waiting for more detailed reports!

Posted by: Curtis Gale Weeks | Saturday, July 14, 2007

Glad to finally meet you in person. I honestly still have a little trouble believing that all of us and Robb all met at once, but that's what conventions are for.

I went to the adaptive leadership seminar with Richards, Vandergriff, and Lind on the second day. It was very difficult, but it gives you a sense of the strain put on our forces abroad every day. Not surprisingly, Lind had his own unorthodox thoughts on it.

All in all, I'm going to RVSP for Boyd 2008 as soon as the time and location is announced!

Posted by: A.E. | Sunday, July 15, 2007

Jay & Curtis,

Two conference-specific posts are already up [1,2], and more are on their way!

AE,

Meeting so many friends was amazing. I'm jealous about you going to the second-day activity. Will you do a detailed post on it?

[2] http://www.fifthgeneration.phaticcommunion.com/archives/2007/07/william_lind_and_john_norman.php

Posted by: Dan tdaxp | Sunday, July 15, 2007