« Attractive and Repulsive Paradigms | HomePage | Newspapers of America »

Monday, March 19, 20071174336348

LOST + Alan Thicke = Cinematic Brilliance

Starring Terry O'Quinn

Others may criticize ABC's mid-season decision to replace two of LOST's executive producers -- Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse -- with Alan Thicke. (Thanks to LOSTCasts for the news.) However, the tone is refreshing and the new theme is up beat.

The DHARMA Initiative

I like it!

15:32 Posted in Television | Permalink | Comments (8) | Tags: lost

Comments

Is it April 1st already? This can't be real.

Oh crap - the Different Stroke theme song has invaded my brain!

Posted by: purpleslog | Monday, March 19, 2007

In case anyone is wondering, "Different Strokes" only stayed in my head for an hour. It was replaced by the "Facts of Life" theme for several hours on and off again.

Posted by: PurpleSlog | Monday, March 19, 2007

YouTube has a really good, acoustic cover of the song. [1]

The discussion is interesting too... a Chinese commentator noted how popular the show is among Chinese (as it was one of the earliest American sitcoms to air in Mainland China), another commentator accused the first one of racism (assuming that the Chinese comment was directed at the oriented singer), etc etc

Either way, great rendition of the song:

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM52Vl7F9mE&mode=related&search=

Posted by: Dan tdaxp | Monday, March 19, 2007

Yeah, and thanks to this post the "Great American Hero " theme song bounces around my skull... "Believe it or not! I'm walking on air..."

They've been lost for what, three years? Eat the fat guy, use his bones, sinew and local plant life to build a comfortable (if quaint) yacht and get the hell off the island.

Posted by: Jay@Soob | Wednesday, March 21, 2007

That was a nice version of the "Growing Pains" theme. I have been tempted to get the Greatest American Hero on DVD through Netflix. I fear my memories of the show are beter then the show itself.

Posted by: PurpleSlog | Wednesday, March 21, 2007

First, tonight's episode of LOST was great -- best of the season easily, and one of the best of the series. Everything we've seen this season has been building up to this, and the show is very well tied into Season 1 and 2 events.

Plus, I was feeling all proud of myself for figuring out the final reveal -- but the position and expression? Wow!

(As from the current episode, "The Man from Tallahassee," by the way, the survivors have been on the island for 80 days.)

Posted by: Dan tdaxp | Wednesday, March 21, 2007

It was a pretty good episode. The season has been pretty weak until the the last few. I saw the reveal coming too...but the face of terror on that character actors face was excellent. John and Jack are clearly going to be on opposite sides now.

Posted by: PurpleSlog | Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I agree that this season began weak -- but since Tricia Tanaka is Dead we've had four great episodes in a row.

Also: is The Man from Tallahassee the best episode since Walkabout? If not, which is better?

Posted by: Dan tdaxp | Wednesday, March 21, 2007